Thursday, May 28, 2009

Starting again

My friend took me to the clinic she works at last night. I haven't been feeling well. I felt my sugar must be sky high.

We had just come back from shopping when she arrived to take me. I told Joanna I was going to the doctor for medicine and she was to stay with her daddy. She totally freaked out. Ruby told me to take her with me, so I did.

While there, they stuck me and then drew blood. I asked Joanna if she wanted to look or turn away. Almost devilish grin, she wanted to look. Which is better because she's so scared of everything. Later she told me that she was scared because she thought I was going to be in the hospital. I guess her Nana is on her mind.

Dr. said sugar high, gave me pills and advice. I already know all that but, how do I get it in my brain to care? How can I be so selfish when I have Joanna? What kind of kick in the ass do I need?

So today I took my pills. I made tea with Splenda. I glanced at the cake I made but didn't get a piece. I ate breakfast. Later in the evening, we will walk Harley together. I am going to try. Again. I love my daughter. I want to be with her forever.

5 comments:

fidget said...

trying is a good start, if you can keep it up for 2 weeks, it will get easier.

Beli said...

Please tell me if I can help you. Joanna does need you. We need you and we want to help you in any way we can. I know you can do this. I'm going to pray and I know Mom is watching over us, over you and giving you that push you need in the right direction.

Love you!

Miranda said...

so what pills are you taking??

Daniela6968 said...

Doctor is acting like I'm newly diagnosed. Metformin, start at 500mg in morning and 500mg at night building up to 1000mg morning and night. Exercise 3 times a week and try a diabetic diet. Pills for blood pressure and cholesterol.

Anonymous said...

I know you can do it Daniela if not for yourself for Joanna. By the way Happy Birthday! I wish I was that age again :)
~Monk~