Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Rolling, rolling, rolling....at CVS

When I would get ECBs from CVS, I would just spend them on whatever. Just like before coupons, I was just...oh, ok.

Now, I finally get it! When you get an ecb, use it to buy a product that will produce ecbs! Doh!

Right now I have $16 in ECBs. Extra Care Bucks from CVS Pharmacy.

I just went and got 2 Bic Soleil razors. On sale for $5.99 and you get $4 in ECBs. I printed out a coupon for $2.00 off. So, using ecbs from another purchase, I paid $0.00 out of my own money and used $8.00 in ECBs and received $8.00 in ECBs. I did buy 7 jumbo pens for 9cents each and paid that with my gift card so that it wasn't so obvious I was rolling. Still was zero oop (out of pocket) since the gift card was from a refund.

$5.99 x 2 = $11.98
$0.09 x 7 = $0.62
__________________
$12.60
- $4.00 Bic Soleil coupons
________________
$8.60
- $8.00 ECBs
____________
$0.60 plus tax
Used GC to pay for it, received $8.00 in ECBs.

I like this rolling. :)

No comments: